But they don’t, so I have two passwords. My strong password which I use for my email and banking, and my weak password which I use on the rest of internet sites. Today I realized I don’t need to use a weak password. Most sites have a password reset feature that sends you a mail, and if you click the mail you can change your password whenever you want so: Use a random password for sites that do their own authentication and forget th password!
- Whenever you want to login, request a password reset.
- Click on the link on your email, which will take you to a reset screen.
- Make a random password and copy it to your clipboard
- Use the password on your clipboard to set a new site password and login.
- Make your email password is random and complex.
- Use two factor authentication (sms/authentication app)
- Never re-use your email password.