(If you want to understand what exception code 0xe0434352 is, read this post ) Often exceptions are thrown and caught and you don't see them. You probably know how to debug this in Visual Studio, so let me show you how to do it in cdb. Sample Code: class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { foreach (var x in Enumerable.Range(0,2000)) { Thread.Sleep(TimeSpan.FromSeconds(1)); Console.WriteLine("Hello World"); ThrowAndCatchException(); } } private static void ThrowAndCatchException() { try { throw new NotImplementedException(); } catch(Exception) { } } } Output of the application: Hello World Hello World Hello World Nothing about an exception, but you're sure it's happening behind the covers -- fire up cdb: C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x64)>cdb -pn consoleapplication3.exe <SNIP> ModLoad: 000007fe`f7e90000 000007fe`f7eb4000 C:\Windows\Mi...
I'll be honest, I don't know squat about ATM, but I was having lunch with this fellow , and he told me the story of the 53 byte ATM packet. You can find more details on Wikipedia , but here’s the synopsis: (Disclaimer: I’m not an expert in ATM; nor am I trying to teach you technical details about ATM networks; so I’ll hand wave and trade off accuracy for simplicity. For example, ATM does have variable sized packets which it divides into cells, and it is the cells which are 53 bytes long. However, since the closest thing to a cell in common networks is an Ethernet packet, I’ll simply refer to cells as packets.) ATM is designed to be shared between data network applications, and voice network applications(+). In data networks we want large packets because this gives maximum efficiency. This is because each packet has a fixed size header and thus the more data you can transmit per packet , the higher your ‘real’ throughput. For voice networks we want to reduce latency...
If you want to know how to debug CLR exceptions using cdb then read this post . Exception code e0434352 is the exception code used internally by the CLR to represent most exceptions(*). Regardless of if you throw a System.NullReferenceException or a System.ArgumentException in C#, you'll throw a SEH exception e0434352 under the covers. A fun way to validate this theory is to watch what happens to the CLR exceptions settings in cdb. Fire up cdb, and see the state of clr exceptions: 0:000> .shell -ci "sx" findstr clr clr - CLR exception - second-chance break - not handled clrn - CLR notification exception - break - handled .shell: Process exited Now, set the exception handler for exception number e0434352 and recheck the value of the clr exception handler: 0:000> sxe e0434352 0:000> .shell -ci "sx" findstr clr clr - CLR exception - break - not handled clrn - CLR notification exception - break - handled .shell: Process exited Armed with ...
Comments